The world of internet has brought the people closer, no doubt, but it is not free from dangers. All kinds of security threats has made internet very vulnerable. The use of mobile devices and accessing the internet through it are increasing day by day. So it is imperative that we remain alert to the newer security threats. It is to be noted that there are some security threats which has been around for more than 10 years now and there is little or no chance of it leaving the scene at any moment. Let us now discus the top internet security threats that simply refuses to go away.
1) Phishing - Phishing is purely an online threat. The phishing scams are very convincing nowadays and are often delivered via the updates in social media from those accounts which have been successfully compromised. It is really astonishing that cyber criminals can send such messages to millions of people across the world in a very short span of time. Even a very low success rate can spell profits for the cyber criminals,
2) Upfront payments - There are a group of internet security threats which are known as threats which are fear-based. The PC Security Check is the most glaring example of this kind of threat. A pop up comes up which notifies the users that their computer is infected and this prompts them to download a software that will remove the threat. The users are asked to shell out $40 for this special software which will remove this threat.
3) Java Exploits - Java exploits have continued to threaten the internet security industry for a fairly long time. More than 1 billion machines across the world have Java installed in them. The problem is that it has an unenviable history of being very insecure. As soon as a new update is released the experts quickly point out the new vulnerabilities. If you have a Java installed on your device then you must make sure that it is fully updated and only activate it when there is a need to use it. The internet security threats that are associated with Java exploits include all kinds of viruses such as spyware.
4) Malware that targets OS and new devices - Malware is one internet security threat that will probably never go away. The malware is now specifically designed to target the new devices that are being launched every day and the operating systems. You will find thousands of malware which targets the mobile devices every day. The newer malware is much more complex than the older versions.
5) Exploit Kits - The exploit kits come in a variety of shapes and sizes but at the end of the day they all do the same thing. They can easily identify the various security vulnerabilities that can be found on the device of a user. These exploit kits can also look for vulnerabilities in various software and operating systems. In order to counter the exploit kits the user should always software updates when they are released.
While the threats to internet security are becoming very complex with each passing day, the basis of all threats has been very similar for the last 10 years or so. Each and every person must consider internet security very seriously and take adequate measures to protect their devices.
About The Author: Margaret is a writer/blogger. She loves writing travelling and reading books. She contributes to Greenlife Water. Check here for more on Greenlife Water
Note :- Kindly g+1 this post if you want more Cool updates.
So...Enjoy ... share it if you like it ..