After Pushing Batter Privacy laws by European Union[also known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)], Whatsapp and Google are finally moving towards open data collection model.
'If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold''
You might be aware of how Cambridge Analytica collected data from Facebook users and sold it to political parties and those parties pushed targetted propaganda so that they can shape your political view about certain things.
This thing actually worked because people never knew that their data was being collected(because it's impractical to read infinite terms and privacy policies)
Here are the simple steps to Download (Data collected by Facebook-owned Whatsapp):
- Make sure you have updated to WhatsApp beta v2.18.128, if not feel free to try it anyway.
- Tap on WhatsApp > Settings > Account > Request Account Info. Once tapped, the screen will show this message: "Request sent."
- You will be notified within 3days when your data.zip file gets ready on WhatsApp's server but you will only get chance to download it within a month, after that it will be automatically deleted by WhatsApp(if you believe Facebook-owned WhatsApp).
- You can download HTML(Webpage file) and JSON based data.zip file by visiting : Settings > Account > Request Account Info > Download report.
- Your "Download request" will be canceled by Facebook-owned Whatsapp if you detach yourself from digital life and try to delete your account or change number/device or re-register your account on WhatsApp again.
If you like this article then it's right time to post this on your WhatsApp groups :)